Wednesday, April 23, 2008

love vs friendship

Wats th difference between love and friendship? Aren’t they the same??
I often get confused between the two. Isint love there in friendship or isint friendship there in love??? I love my friends and the person who I love is my friend. Then wat is it that makes them different…

Many believe that love is the basis of all relations. Shouldn’t that be friendship? Take any relation and it begins with friendship. The understanding between the siblings is developed because they are friends with each other. The teacher student relation is built because the teacher understands the student as a friend would. The mother understands the child because she gets down to the level of the child and tries to make the child feel comfortable and be friends with him. Even the great love stories like “ Laila Majnu “, began with friendship that blossomed in their early days.

I feel I often mistake love with friendship. When we say we are looking for true love, do we actually mean that we are looking for a true friend to share everything we have? The good and the bad both. They are so mingled. How do you differentiate between the two?

No comments: